Keeping You Calm & Comfortable
Going to the dentist can be a stressful experience. Even though our team goes the extra mile to ensure your appointment is comfortable, we completely understand if you still feel a tinge of anxiety when you sit in our chair.
To keep you calm and relaxed, we offer nitrous sedation. Nitrous sedation is a safe way to help manage your anxiety while we provide you with comprehensive dental care.
If sedation dentistry interests you, please get in touch with us today to book your appointment.
What Is Nitrous Sedation Dentistry?
Nitrous sedation, also known as laughing gas, is a conscious sedative you inhale through your nose. The sedative is odorless and tasteless, making it easy for you to breathe normally.
Ultimately it should make you feel at ease throughout the appointment.
After nitrous sedation, we will ask you to wait a few minutes for the sedation to wear off. You may be able to drive once we believe it’s safe for you to do so.
Managing Your Dental Anxiety
Even if you want sedation during your appointment, there are a couple of other strategies you can use to help manage your anxiety:
- Arrive only a few minutes before your appointment. Sitting in the waiting room can increase your anxiety.
- Remind our team of your anxiety when you book and when you arrive at your appointment.
- Use simple breathing techniques to help you relax before your appointment.
- Watching a show on our TVs or listening to your favourite music (we have separate music for each operatory).
- Let our team know if you’d like to take a quick break before continuing with your appointment.
Is Nitrous Sedation Safe for Children?
It’s very common for your child to feel anxious when they visit the dentist. However, nitrous sedation is considered safe for children and can provide them comfort and relaxation while getting the dental care they need.
How Long Does Nitrous Sedation Last?
After the mask has been removed, the effects of the sedation should only last about 3 to 5 minutes.
Find The Care You Deserve Today
Nitrous sedation can bring you comfort and relaxation while you receive comprehensive dental care. Please contact us today if you believe nitrous sedation can help you manage your dental anxiety.